Northern UX One Conference seeks Expressions of Interest in Presenting and Facilitating
Northern UX One will be held on Saturday 27 October 2012 in Bradford, West Yorkshire. We are looking for expressions of interest for presenting or facilitating a session at the conference.
The conference will be a day-long version of the monthly Northern User Experience events in Manchester and Leeds. It will be aimed primarily at people based in the North of England who are user experience professionals, academics, students, or who work in related fields and are interested in UX. The sessions will be mostly presented and facilitated by local professionals and academics. As a peer conference, we will not be offering payment to presenters and facilitators, just a fantastic opportunity to share with your community in the North of England.
There will be two tracks in the conference.
- UX Specialist: aimed at people who are already working in UX and want more in depth presentations and sessions.
- UX Curious: aimed at students and people working in related fields who want to find out more about UX
Themes of the conference
We are looking for sessions in each of the following four strands:
- User research (contextual inquiry, ethnography, usability testing, usability metrics etc)
- UX design (user-centred design, information architecture, accessibility, ux tools etc)
- non-digital ux (real life usability, ergonomics etc)
- UX management and strategy
We would like a mixture of practical and theoretical sessions.
As the conference is near World Usability Day, we would be interested to receive any proposals related the this year’s theme of ‘Usability of Financial Systems’
Please email expressions of interest to conference@northern‑user‑experience.org, including the following information:
- Your name
- Type of session
- Name of session
- A sentence or two about the session
- A sentence or two about you
- Which room you would prefer:
- The conference room plenary session (all participants)
- The conference room parallel session
- The discussion room parallel session
- Which track your session mostly aimed at:
- The UX Specialist
- The UX Curious
- How the session relates to themes of the conference
- How you would like us to contact you
We will confirm we have received your expression of interest.
The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is Monday 13 August 2012. We will be in touch by the end of August to let you know if your proposal has been successful and to request further details for publicising the conference.
The Northern UX One conference organising group
Northern UX One conference seeks Expressions of Interest in Presenting and Facilitating